POSITION: HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
DATE: AUGUST 2022
REPORTS TO: HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
APPROVED BY: HR / CEO
POSITION TYPE: Non-Exempt
The FNB Community Bank, Vandalia, IL
The FNB Community Bank is the only locally owned community bank in Bond, Fayette and Marion Counties. Established in 1865, we currently have 7 locations in the following communities: Vandalia, Patoka, Ramsey, Greenville, & Mulberry Grove. We have a Human Resources Generalist position available for the Vandalia location.
The FNB Community Bank's Vision consists of our Commitment, Passion and Niche as follows:
- Commitment: To provide friendly, knowledgeable service you can trust.
- Passion: To earn our customers' trust every day.
- Niche: Providing leadership and financial services for our communities
Summary / Objective
The Generalist is a position that offers support to Human Resources Department. Primary duties include carrying out clerical and administrative duties for the Human Department as directed by the Human Resources Coordinator. Other duties are to provide support to the Chief Executive Officer as needed.
- Be customer service driven and respond to all employee requests with tact, diplomacy, and a sense of urgency
- Create and maintain employee records and files according to established procedures
- Assisting with payroll information by collating, calculating and entering data
- Updating payroll records by entering any changes to employee information or benefits such as job title changes, exemptions and savings deductions
- Preparing reports that include summaries of earnings, tax deductions, leave, and nontaxable wages
- Resolving payroll discrepancies and answering any employee payroll queries
- Maintaining all payroll operations according to company policies and procedures
- Review and comply with all state and federal regulations and FNB policies and procedures
- Produce, review, and reconcile daily and periodic reports
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Work will occasionally be done outside in all weather conditions.
- High quality customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; relates well to others
- Responds well to feedback; coachable
- Detail oriented
- Solid communication skills which include verbal, written and listening skills
- Desire to expand product knowledge and procedural skills
- Ability to read and comprehend legal and regulatory material related to job area
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to all FNB locations
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for 40 hours per week or more
- Must be able to repeatedly bend, twist, kneel/squat and reach overhead
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to push/pull up to 20 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
Required Education and Experience
- An Associate's degree or High School education with office or HR experience preferred