About the FNB Bank
The mission of The FNB Community Bank is to remain independent by maximizing its sustainable earnings while being a responsible business that renders high quality service to customers through the efforts of its employees in a safe and sound manner.
Our Core Values
Excellent Customer Service
To provide friendly, knowledgeable service you can trust.
To earn our customers' trust every day.
Providing leadership and financial services for our communities.
Original location of the National Bank on Third Street across from the Old State Capitol.
The First National Bank lobby as it looked in the early 1900s.
The first drive-up lane opened in 1956.
- 1865 - The National Bank of Vandalia founded.
- 1883 - Renamed The Bank of Vandalia.
- 1895 - Renamed The First National Bank of Vandalia.
- 1910 - FNB purchases Dieckmann Hotel.
- 1914 - FNB moves into first floor of Dieckmann Hotel.
- 1941 - First night deposit installed.
- 1954 - Dieckmann Hotel closes. FNB converts second floor into office space.
- 1955 - First time and temperature sign installed.
- 1956 - First drive-up facility built. (A second drive-up is added in 1967.)
- 1973 - FNB "motor bank" opened two blocks east of main building.
- 1974 - FNB enters the tech age as a computer department is added.
- 1983 - First ATM machine installed.
- 1992 - As part of major renovation and expansion, "motor bank" closes and new drive-up lanes are added at main building.
- 1994 - Renamed The First National Bank with acquisition of Ramsey State Bank and First State Bank of Patoka.
- 1997 - 24-hour telephone banking introduced.
- 1999 - FNB launches website and on-line banking.
- 2002 - Eighth Street facility in Vandalia obtained from the Fifth Third Bank.
- 2008 - Greenville and Mulberry Grove branches acquired.
- 2009 - FNB Financial Center opens.
- 2015 - FNB celebrates 150th anniversary. Mobile deposit is offered for the first time.
- 2019 - Becomes state chartered bank and changes name to The FNB Community Bank.
- Dr. Nathaniel M. McCurdy
- Simeon Perkins
- William M. Fogler
- Franklin C. Eckard
- Dr. Frank L. Rice
- Harry E. Rogier
- Harold Hartwick
1966 to 1987
- L. Ray Radliff
1988 to 1991
- William "Ernie" Chappel
1991 to 2015
- Michael R. Radliff
2015 to present