POSITION: BOOKKEEPING CLERK / VANDALIA BRANCH
DATE: AUGUST 2023
REPORTS TO: ACCOUNTING OFFICER
APPROVED BY: HR / CFO
POSITION TYPE: Non-Exempt
The FNB Community Bank, Vandalia, IL
The FNB Community Bank is the only locally owned community bank in Bond, Fayette and Marion Counties. Established in 1865, we currently have 7 locations in the following communities: Vandalia, Patoka, Ramsey, Greenville, & Mulberry Grove. We have a bookkeeping position available at our main office located in Vandalia.
The FNB Community Bank's Vision consists of our Commitment, Passion and Niche as follows:
- Commitment: To provide friendly, knowledgeable service you can trust.
- Passion: To earn our customers' trust every day.
- Niche: Providing leadership and financial services for our communities
Summary / Objective
The BOOKKEEPING CLERK is a position that effectively provides excellent customer service and performs various clerical and administrative duties.
- Be customer service driven and respond to all customer requests with tact, diplomacy, and a sense of urgency
- Provide customer assistance over the telephone and in person as necessary
- Create and maintain deposit account records and files according to established procedures
- Scan and retrieve documents related to deposit accounts
- Assist with debit card maintenance and disputes according to procedures and regulations
- Produce, review, and reconcile daily and periodic reports
- Collect and process mail
- Assist with departmental projects
- Represent the bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with customers, potential customers, and coworkers
- Display a professional image through appearance and behavior
- Review and comply with all state and federal regulations and FNB policies and procedures
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Work will occasionally be done outside in all weather conditions.
- High-quality customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Solid communication skills which include verbal, written, and listening skills
- Desire to expand product knowledge and procedural skills
- Ability to read and comprehend legal and regulatory material related to the job area
- Must be able to sit and / or stand for 40 hours per week or more
- Must be able to repeatedly bend, twist, kneel / squat, and reach overhead
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to push / pull up to 20 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
Required Education and Experience
- High school education with additional training preferred