POSITION: PART-TIME TELLER / GREENVILLE BRANCH
DATE: JULY 2022
REPORTS TO: BRANCH MANAGER
APPROVED BY: HR / BRANCH MGR
POSITION TYPE: Non-Exempt
The FNB Community Bank, Vandalia, IL
The FNB Community Bank is the only locally owned community bank in Bond, Fayette and Marion Counties. Established in 1865, we currently have 7 locations in the following communities: Vandalia, Patoka, Ramsey, Greenville, & Mulberry Grove. We have a Teller position available at our main office located in our Greenville location.
The FNB Community Bank's Vision consists of our Commitment, Passion and Niche as follows:
- Commitment: To provide friendly, knowledgeable service you can trust.
- Passion: To earn our customers’ trust every day.
- Niche: Providing leadership and financial services for our communities.
Summary / Objective
The TELLER is a position that effectively welcomes customers and performs various duties related to the processing of customer transactions.
- Be customer service driven and respond to all customer requests with tact, diplomacy, and a sense of urgency
- Serve customers at a teller window by processing a variety of transactions using own judgment within narrow limits
- Balance cash drawer daily with a high degree of accuracy and within the guidelines set forth in the Teller Balancing Policy
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain proficiency on current software and required online sites
- Can explain bank services and account types to customers
- Able to keep an organized and clean work area
- Review and comply with all state and federal regulations and FNB policies and procedures
- Represent the bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with customers, potential customers and coworkers
- Display a professional image through appearance and behavior
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Work will occasionally be done outside in all weather conditions.
- High quality customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Solid communication skills which include verbal, written and listening skills
- Desire to expand product knowledge and procedural skills
- Ability to read and comprehend legal and regulatory material related to the job area
- Must be able to sit and / or stand for 40 hours per week or more
- Must be able to repeatedly bend, twist, kneel / squat and reach overhead
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to push / pull up to 20 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
Education and Experience
- High school education with additional training preferred