POSITION: MORTGAGE LOAN PROCESSOR
DATE: AUGUST 2022
REPORTS TO: MORTGAGE LOAN SUPERVISOR
APPROVED BY: HR / CLO
POSITION TYPE: Non-Exempt
The FNB Community Bank, Vandalia, IL
The FNB Community Bank is the only locally owned community bank in Bond, Fayette and Marion Counties. Established in 1865, we currently have 7 locations in the following communities: Vandalia, Patoka, Ramsey, Greenville, & Mulberry Grove. We have a Mortgage Loan Processor position available for our Vandalia location.
The FNB Community Bank's Vision consists of our Commitment, Passion and Niche as follows:
- Commitment: To provide friendly, knowledgeable service you can trust.
- Passion: To earn our customers’ trust every day.
- Niche: Providing leadership and financial services for our communities.
Summary / Objective
The Mortgage Loan Processor is a position that effectively provides excellent customer service and performs various clerical and administrative duties..
- Communicate effectively with the loan officer to ensure timely closings
- Stay up-to-date with law / regulation changes.
- Process and produce all applicable documentation for consumer mortgage loans according to regulations and bank policy
- Gather and review all requested documentation to make sure the file is complete and within regulation
- Provide instructions & requests to title / escrow, third-party vendors, borrowers & broker agents. Follow up for receipt of documentation, providing guidance, assistance & additional requirements for completion, if necessary
- Assist with departmental projects
- Represent the bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with customers, potential customers and coworkers
- Display a professional image through appearance and behavior
- Review and comply with all state and federal regulations and FNB policies and procedures
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Work will occasionally be done outside in all weather conditions.
- High quality customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Solid communication skills which include verbal, written and listening skills
- Desire to expand product knowledge and procedural skills
- Ability to read and comprehend legal and regulatory material related to job area
- Must be able to sit and / or stand for 40 hours per week or more
- Must be able to repeatedly bend, twist, kneel / squat and reach overhead
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to push / pull up to 20 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
Education and Experience
- High school education with additional training preferred