POSITION: MARKETING DIRECTOR
DATE: SEPTEMBER 2023
REPORTS TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER / PRESIDENT
APPROVED BY: HR / CEO
POSITION TYPE: Exempt
The FNB Community Bank, Vandalia, IL
The FNB Community Bank is the only locally owned community bank in Bond, Fayette and Marion Counties. Established in 1865, we currently have 7 locations in the following communities: Vandalia, Patoka, Ramsey, Greenville, & Mulberry Grove. A Marketing Director position is currently available.
The FNB Community Bank's Vision consists of our Commitment, Passion and Niche as follows:
- Commitment: To provide friendly, knowledgeable service you can trust.
- Passion: To earn our customers' trust every day.
- Niche: Providing leadership and financial services for our communities.
Summary / Objective
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer / President, the Marketing Director is responsible for all activities related to the development and implementation of a marketing strategy and achieving marketing goals. The Marketing Director will represent the bank in the community through participation in community activities.
- Exhibit the core values of the FNB—Trust, Commitment, Excellent Customer Service and Professionalism
- Plans, manages, and executes advertising strategies and campaigns to acquire, retain, and expand relationships with customers and identified target segments, collaborating with third party marketing firms as needed to achieve this goal
- Executes targeted marketing campaigns, including development and coordination of direct mail, and advertising through multiple platforms, creates content for posts on all bank social media platforms, branch signage, and website content. Tracks and reports results
- Oversees and reviews social media strategies, while maintaining compliance with the bank's social media policy and procedures, assuring all forms of advertisement meet compliance requirements, and keeping records for bank audits and exams as required
- Responsible for bank sales programs including incentives, communications, and sales meetings
- Assures the bank's website is updated with accurate and relevant information to assist customers with their needs
- Reviews analytics for website, social media, and customer reviews and recommends strategies accordingly for bank initiatives
- Collaborates with the executive team to develop targeted marketing programs that assist in the achievement of bank, branch, and officer goals
- Manages marketing development, advertising, and contribution budgets
- Evaluate vendor advertising proposals, schedule local media, and negotiate rates and contracts
- Assess contribution requests while leveraging the bank's exposure
- Assists in the assessment and development of new bank products and services
- Plans and organizes bank-sponsored events
- Identifies community events and opportunities to create and maximize visibility. Utilizes staff participation as needed for participation in local events
- Coordinates customer events such as open houses and other bank-related public relations events
- Represent the bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with customers, potential customers, and coworkers
- Review and comply with all state and federal regulations and the FNB policies and procedures
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Work will occasionally be done outside in all weather conditions.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; relates to and works well with others
- Strong communication skills which include verbal, written, and listening skills
- Broad knowledge of bank products and services
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Ability to read and comprehend legal and regulatory material related to the job area
- Valid driver's license and the ability to travel to all FNB locations
- Must be able to sit and / or stand for 40 hours per week or more
- Must be able to repeatedly bend, twist, kneel/squat, and reach overhead
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to push / pull up to 20 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
Education and Experience
- BS / BA degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a marketing-related field preferred