POSITION: LOAN CLERK
DATE: AUGUST 2022
REPORTS TO: LOAN CLERK MANAGER
APPROVED BY: HR / CLO
POSITION TYPE: Non-Exempt
The FNB Community Bank, Vandalia, IL
The FNB Community Bank is the only locally owned community bank in Bond, Fayette and Marion Counties. Established in 1865, we currently have 7 locations in the following communities: Vandalia, Patoka, Ramsey, Greenville, & Mulberry Grove. We have a Loan Clerk position available for our Greenville location.
The FNB Community Bank's Vision consists of our Commitment, Passion and Niche as follows:
- Commitment: To provide friendly, knowledgeable service you can trust.
- Passion: To earn our customers’ trust every day.
- Niche: Providing leadership and financial services for our communities.
Summary / Objective
The LOAN CLERK is a position that effectively provides excellent customer service and performs various clerical and administrative duties as directed by the loan officers. The position will be able to represent the bank in the local community through participation in community affairs.
- Be customer service driven and respond to all customer requests with tact, diplomacy, and a sense of urgency
- Provide customer assistance over the telephone and in person as necessary
- Create and maintain loan account records and files according to established procedures
- Scan and retrieve documents related to loan accounts
- Prepare loan documentation forms
- Receive and process loan payments
- Produce, review, and reconcile daily and periodic reports
- Assist with departmental projects
- Represent the bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with customers, potential customer and coworkers
- Display a professional image through appearance and behavior
- Review and comply with all state and federal regulations and FNB policies and procedures
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Work will occasionally be done outside in all weather conditions.
- High quality customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Solid communication skills which include verbal, written and listening skills
- Desire to expand product knowledge and procedural skills
- Ability to read and comprehend legal and regulatory material related to job area
- Must be able to sit and / or stand for 40 hours per week or more
- Must be able to repeatedly bend, twist, kneel / squat and reach overhead
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to push / pull up to 20 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
Education and Experience
- High school education with additional training preferred