POSITION: JUNIOR TRUST OFFICER
DATE: JULY 2022
REPORTS TO: ASSISTANT TRUST OFFICER
APPROVED BY: HR & TRUST MGR
POSITION TYPE: NON-EXEMPT
The FNB Community Bank, Vandalia, IL
The FNB Community Bank is the only locally owned community bank in Bond, Fayette and Marion Counties. Established in 1865, we currently have 7 locations in the following communities: Vandalia, Patoka, Ramsey, Greenville, & Mulberry Grove. We have a Loan Officer position available for our Vandalia location.
The FNB Community Bank's Vision consists of our Commitment, Passion, and Niche as follows:
- Commitment: To provide friendly, knowledgeable service you can trust.
- Passion: To earn our customers' trust every day.
- Niche: Providing leadership and financial services for our communities.
Summary / Objective
The Junior Trust Officer is a position that offers support to the Trust Department by performing various duties related to the administration of trust accounts including meeting with customers, processing daily work, and responding to trust customer inquiries.
- Be customer-service driven and respond to all customer requests with tact, diplomacy, and a sense of urgency
- Assist trust officer in administration and estate accounts.
- Create and maintain trust account records and files according to established procedures
- Approve statements and billing invoices
- Prepare customer correspondence
- Interact with attorneys, accountants, investment representatives & other professionals
- Produce daily and periodic reports; review and reconcile as directed
- Assist in transferring and re-registering securities
- Maintain and update procedure manuals
- Assist trust officer in gathering estate assets
- Coordinate and obtain appraisals as needed
- Organize income tax returns
- Coordinate with trust accounting system provider on computer problems and updates
- Research issues relating to securities held by trust accounts
- Ensure accuracy of daily trust account processing and balancing daily reports
- Assist with monthly and quarterly account and tax processing
- Represent the bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with customers, potential customers and coworkers
- Review and comply with all state and federal regulations and FNB policies and procedures
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Work will occasionally be done outside in all weather conditions.
- High-quality customer service skills
- Ethical Conduct
- Excellent interpersonal skills; relates well to others
- Responds well to feedback; coachable
- Solid communication skills which include verbal, written, and listening skills
- Desire to expand product knowledge and procedural skills
- Ability to read and comprehend legal and regulatory material related to the job area
- Valid driver's license and the ability to travel to all FNB locations
- Must be able to sit and / or stand for 40 hours per week or more
- Must be able to repeatedly bend, twist, kneel / squat and reach overhead
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to push / pull up to 20 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
Education and Experience
- BS / BA degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in an accounting, financial, or customer service position