POSITION: AG LOAN OFFICER
DATE: MARCH 2022
REPORTS TO: CHIEF LOAN OFFICER
APPROVED BY: HR / CLO
POSITION TYPE: Exempt
The FNB Community Bank, Vandalia, IL
The FNB Community Bank is the only locally owned community bank in Bond, Fayette and Marion Counties. Established in 1865, we currently have 7 locations in the following communities: Vandalia, Patoka, Ramsey, Greenville, & Mulberry Grove. We have a Loan Officer position available for our Vandalia location.
The FNB Community Bank's Vision consists of our Commitment, Passion and Niche as follows:
- Commitment: To provide friendly, knowledgeable service you can trust.
- Passion: To earn our customers’ trust every day.
- Niche: Providing leadership and financial services for our communities.
Summary / Objective
Under the supervision of the Chief Loan Officer and in accordance with the bank policies and procedures, performs various duties related to developing new business, underwriting, structuring, and closing of loans, as well as maintaining and servicing an existing portfolio. Represents the bank in the local community through active participation in community affairs and participates in marketing all of the bank's products and services.
- Be customer service driven and respond to all customer requests with tact, diplomacy, and a sense of urgency
- Support the bank's strong relationship banking culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service, and superior product knowledge
- Monitor an existing loan portfolio to ensure proper risk ratings and early identification of potential problems.
- Maximize bank profitability through appropriate pricing of new loan originations, fee income, and selling of all bank products & services.
- Negotiate terms and structure loan financing based on risk considerations and present credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority with the bank as required
- Review and comply with all state and federal regulations and FNB policies and procedures
- Display a professional image through appearance and behavior
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Work will occasionally be done outside in all weather conditions.
- High quality customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Solid communication skills which include verbal, written and listening skills
- Desire to expand product knowledge and procedural skills
- Ability to read and comprehend legal and regulatory material related to job area
- Must be able to sit and / or stand for 40 hours per week or more
- Must be able to repeatedly bend, twist, kneel / squat and reach overhead
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to push / pull up to 20 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; major in Finance, Business or Economics preferred
- Formal credit training preferred
- Minimum 3 years lending experience preferred