POSITION: INVESTMENT ANALYST
DATE: MARCH 2023
REPORTS TO: Chief Retail & Commercial Banking Officer / Bank Investment & Trust Officer
APPROVED BY: HR / CRCBO
POSITION TYPE: Non-Exempt
The FNB Community Bank, Vandalia, IL
The FNB Community Bank is the only locally owned community bank in Bond, Fayette and Marion Counties. Established in 1865, we currently have 7 locations in the following communities: Vandalia, Patoka, Ramsey, Greenville, & Mulberry Grove. We have an Investment Analyst position available for our Vandalia
The FNB Community Bank's Vision consists of our Commitment, Passion and Niche as follows:
- Commitment: To provide friendly, knowledgeable service you can trust.
- Passion: To earn our customers’ trust every day.
- Niche: Providing leadership and financial services for our communities.
Summary / Objective
The INVESTMENT ANALYST is a position that offers support to Bank Investment Officer and the Trust Department. The position will support the Investment Officer in managing the bank investment portfolio as well as performing various duties related to the investment of securities held in trust accounts. This individual will develop and maintain the highest standards of customer service with both bank employees and bank customers.
- Be customer service driven and respond to all customer requests with tact, diplomacy, and a sense of urgency.
- Create and maintain trust account records and files according to established procedures.
- Make initial contact with potential clients through phone, mail, workshops, and set appointments.
- Write up investment proposals, complete applications, and direct information to the department manager for processing and tracking.
- Review accounts, ensuring that adequate customer service is provided by informing customers of current market trends and recommending investment strategies.
- Support administrative office personnel.
- Prepare customer correspondence.
- Interact with attorneys, accountants, investment representatives & other professionals.
- Assist in transferring and re-registering of securities.
- Maintain and update procedure manuals.
- Organize income tax returns.
- Coordinate with trust accounting system provider on computer problems and updates.
- Assist in research of issues relating to securities held by trust accounts.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly account and tax processing.
- Represent the bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with customers, potential customers, and coworkers.
- Assist and support in the implementation of all marketing and sales strategies designed to maximize growth and profitability.
- Cross-sell and refers a full range of investment and banking services to present and potential customers.
- Keep informed on changes within our market, recommending market opportunities for growth and development.
- Maintains up-to-date job knowledge through professional reading and affiliation with appropriate industry organizations.
- Performs other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
- Review and comply with all state and federal regulations and the FNB policies and procedures.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
This job is performed largely in a pleasant office environment with minimal change for personal injury. Prolonged sitting and intermittent mental and visual concentration. Hours worked are generally during normal business hours and average 40 - 45 hours a week. Travel to other offices and client locations is required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Work will occasionally be done outside in all weather conditions.
- High quality customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; relates well to others
- Responds well to feedbak; coachable
- Detail oriented
- Solid communication skills which include verbal, written, and listening skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Desire to expand product knowledge and procedural skills
- Ability to read and comprehend legal and regulatory material related to job area
- Valid driver's license and the ability to travel to all the FNB locations
- Must be able to sit and / or stand for 40 hours per week or more
- Must be able to repeatedly bend, twist, kneel / squat and reach overhead
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to push / pull up to 20 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
Required Education and Experience
- Business or finance degree.
- Preferred three to five years of investment experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage multiple projects / tasks at one time; flexible; adaptable.
- Understanding of concurrence within bank philosophy. Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with all types of people.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. It does not state or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the supervisor. All requirements are subject to change over time, and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.